Hey guys! I’m glad to announce that I’ll be joining the Reading Quest Challenge hosted by Aentee at Read at Midnight. Basically, it’s a reading competition held from 13th August until 10th September to encourage participants to reduce their TBR using prompts!
The reason I joined this particular challenge is because of its unique premise of using character levels and prompts for us to gain points as we progress in the challenge. It’s a competition and there are so many ways to win the exciting prize! I thought it’d be super fun to try and participate.
You get to choose a character which in turn determines the type of books you have to read in order to satisfy the prompt! Normally previous challenges just give you a list of prompts and you try your best to accomplish them all. But having a character that affects the book you read makes everything so much more fun!
Anyway, I’m terrible at explaining in detail so you should definitely check out Aentee’s original post here to get the full info on the challenge! Take your time to digest everything and I hope you join the quest!
The following art are designed by the superbly talented CW at Read, Think, Ponder!
Here are the four characters you get to choose from:
How adorable are these characters! I’ll be going with Mage because I think I have a good choice of books to accomplish the prompts.
And the reading bingo includes the following prompts:
Because the Mage character gets the first down prompts, here are a list of books I plan to read to fulfill them!
- A Book with A One Word Title: Shtum by Jem Lester
2. A Book that Contains Magic: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
3. A Book Based on Mythology: She Who Destroys the World by Shahida Arabi (This is a poetry book based on fairy tales, I hope this counts!)
4. A Book Set in a Different World: The Thief (Megan Whaler Turner)
5. The First Book of a Series: Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor
You can also get additional points by attempting the inner cube prompts in the bingo. While this is getting super ambitious for me, I’m going to try some bonus prompts if the main ones are not what I’m up for at the time.
- Open World, Read Whatever You Want: A Million Junes by Emily Henry
2. Time Warp, A Book Set in the Past or Future: Anna and The Swallow Man by Gavriel Savit
So those are the books that I’ve selected for this challenge. Hopefully I can get through them all! I’m so excited. It’d be amazing to cut through my TBR because God knows it’s been piling lately.
Are you joining this quest? If you are, link your post down in the comments. I’d love to check out what books you’ll be reading! 🙂